migration stopped working

rwhtmv

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have been using a single tape drive for a year to back up a 3 week rotation of tapes. (I know it ain't pretty, but we ain't rich.) ANYway, today I was getting a tape ready for a scheduled 3 month archive. Once I created it I sampled a few archives and it was now a read/write archive tape. WELL...once my migration was scheduled to happen at 2pm today, the darn thing started looking for the archive tape, instead of creating a new scratch from the one I put in. (We purposely delete all 3wk old data volumes and put that tape back in for it to create anew.)

Here's my issue: I realized I didn't want to put the migration on the archive tape, so I cancelled the process. I then made that archive tape read only, and did an 'update stgpool diskpool hi=0 low=0' and it took. OR SO I THOUGHT. The settings took but it AINT flushing anything. YES I have set maxscratch to 9999 and yes I have tapepool as my next pool, and yes I reset those settings like 50 times. WHY is it not flushing when I have 10gb of data in there and thresholds are set to 0/0?

SEND HELP :-o

Back