Migrating tsm archives to a new policy domain

Andreas_Bergelt

Newcomer
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi TSM’ers

I have following issue. I want to move one TSM client from one policy domain to a new one.

The default management class of the original policy domain has one archive copygroup with 9999 days retention time. All archives are bound to that management class.

The name is something like that: NT_MGNT. It exists only one management class in this old policy domain.

Now we had a new policy structure.

In the new structure we had 6 management classes per policy domain, but the DEFAULT management class have the shortest retention time for the archive copygroup (only 45 days).

One management class has an archive copygroup with a retention time of 9999 days. The name is MC_CLASS1_9999DAYS.

Does anybody know how I can transfer the existing archives of the tsm client to the new domain without losing the 9999 days retention time. Is there a possibility to modify the entries in the archives table?

Best regards Andreas

:confused:

[email protected]

Andreas, Did you get this one figured out? I have a similar question, I'm sure the answer is the same for both questions: I need to move a large number of nodes to a different management class and I can't afford the time required to have each node rebind to the new management class. Is there a short cut?

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Hi TSM’ers

I have following issue. I want to move one TSM client from one policy domain to a new one.

The default management class of the original policy domain has one archive copygroup with 9999 days retention time. All archives are bound to that management class.

The name is something like that: NT_MGNT. It exists only one management class in this old policy domain.

Now we had a new policy structure.

In the new structure we had 6 management classes per policy domain, but the DEFAULT management class have the shortest retention time for the archive copygroup (only 45 days).

One management class has an archive copygroup with a retention time of 9999 days. The name is MC_CLASS1_9999DAYS.

Does anybody know how I can transfer the existing archives of the tsm client to the new domain without losing the 9999 days retention time. Is there a possibility to modify the entries in the archives table?

Best regards Andreas

:confused:

[email protected]</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE> :confused:

Back