Management Class Query Question

Lynch01

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
None of my customers use the dirmc setting in their options files. And as you know that means directories are bound to the MC with the higest retain only value. I would like to encourage my customers to either start using dirmc or allow me to get rid of the MC's with the highest values. I have good reason to believe the MC's I'm targeting for deletion are not used or needed any longer, but how can I prove this? I have not been able to find a way to associate which MC's are bound to which client files from the server-side.

Any help?

Matt

You will have to select from backups table. There you have the object type (file or directory) and the mgmt class as well. the problem might be the performance of this query.
To make the query faster, limit the select just for one node first so you will get the result faster, and you can adjust the select statement if needed.
Good luck ;)

Spidermila is right.

But the basic query (this would take a long time to run depending on how many files you have) would be like: select * from backups where mgmt_class='YOURMCINALLCAPS'

Thanks, but when I tried the query I got the following:

Operation Results

ANR2940E The reference 'MGMT_CLASS' is an unknown SQL column name.

I got it. mgmt_class should be class_name. I apologize for being lazy.

Matt

Back