library behaviour

tsmlover

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
in my TS3500 tape library when i put tapes in I/O station and type the following command

label libv ts3500 search=bulk labelsource=barcode checkin=scratch

it works and checkin and label the tapes....

but when i place tapes inside the library on slots and type the following command

label libv ts3500 search=yes labelsource=barcode checkin=scratch

it says 0 volumes are labeled...

it only read those volumes that i put from I/O station.... ???

tsmlover, I thought what you're doing should work, but since it's not, leave it "yes" and use the vollist parameter.

Once you put the tape in I/O slot and label the tape, why you want to label again. TSM knows that you label the tape and they are in scratch tapes and ready to use them. I do not understand why you want to label again.

i tried both search=yes and search=bulk so that tsm can pick the volume that i put inside but no success

Normally When I put new tapes in Library has barcode, I do not label. IN Admin Center GUI, Under Storage Device and click on Tape Library. There is a option to label tape automatically.

I checkin the tape with following command

Checkin libvol xxxxxxx status=scratch search=bulk checkl=b waitt=0

I want to make sure type q req. There must be outstanding message which you need to reply for label volume. I label on Worm Media.

Thanks

did you assign all of your storage slots to your logical library on ts3500?? you must do it first...

did you assign all of your storage slots to your logical library on ts3500?? you must do it first...

Good one, I never thought of that possibiity.

vollist parameter ???

Yes, when using search=yes or search=bulk, you can use vollist..... vollist=<volume_name>,<volume_name>,<volume_name>, etc or vollist=FILE:<filename>

First try run Audit Library and see what kind of results you are getting.

Audit library Library_name checklabel=barcode

Best practice is checkin the tape through I/O Slots.

I never label the tape. you can setup in TSM in library defination. I always have to label and checkin WORM Media only.

Normally I checkin the tapes.

ok i am on my library web console plz tell me how to assign storage slots to the virtual library ????:confused:

read the documentation of your ts3500... I don't remember the web console panels and there is no ts3500 on my site right now.

i assigned tapes to logical libaray its working

but when i try to assigne more tapes it gives me the below error

Request Failed
wgif_blank.gif
Unable to perform request. Please ensure that the destination logical library has available element addresses and the number of cartridges for the media type is within the licensed capacity.

that means; you need to extend capacity feature license to use that storage slots. Check the documents etc. there will be a big white envelope with something written red on it. If you buy that extended capacity feature there must be the license keys.

thanks a lot nezih it done actully i extended the library maximum storage slot capacity it was 100 i make it 300 than i assign storage solt to virutal library and it works

thank you very much :)

Back