Libraries in Critical status.... WHY???

cwilloug

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Ok, on Monday I brought down our TSM 5.4.1.2, running on AIX 5.3 to update to AIX TL7, then did a microcode update on the server, everything came back up fine and working. HOWEVER, when I signed onto the ISC - running on a windows 32 bit 2003 server VM my tape libraries were in a critical state. I have on low density library with 2 tape drives that I have the drives offline after deleting all the LD volumes from the library last week, the paths for LD drives and library are still online. I have one high density library with 8 drives. All drives are online, and working. I cannot find any errors in the actlog. All drives are mounting tapes without errors. I have restarted the ISC box, thinking that with all the restarts of the TSM server during the updates it "lost" its connection. I have also removed the TSM server from the ISC and added the server connection back in, with no changes.

Did I leave anything out?

Any Ideas?

It is showing critical because the path to the low density Tape drives are still there. Remove the paths and this should return to normal mode.

Back