ISC Scripts

cwilloug

ADSM.ORG Senior Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have a ISC script called from crontab on my AIX TSM server, the script is:

q ev * * nodes="listing of 50 nodes" begind=-1 begint=18:00 endd=-1

My problem is only 50 nodes can be in this list and I have 90 nodes to check.
I added a second line to the script with the additional nodes, but that did not work.
Is there a character at the end of the first line I can use to reconginze the second line?
Or do I need to just create and call a second script?

Thanks

Last edited:
I'm not sure what "listing fo 50 nodes" is... a comma-delimited list? OUCH! Make a nodegroup containing your 90 nodes. It's not documented, but seemed self-evident, so despite the help text, I tried it just now (5.4.1+) and it works.

Thanks - and yes my "listing of 50 nodes" was just a comma-delimited list that grew over time, so no real big ouch. For anyone who's interested the commands are:

define nodegroup "nodegroupname"

define nodegroupmember "nodegroupname" "node2add","nextnode","etc..."

q nodegroup "nodegroupname" f=d to get a list of the nodes in the nodegroup

n9hmg - suggestion fail.... lol - sorry inside joke (http://failblog.org)

I added all the nodes to a nodegroup called unixnodes, and changed my script to:

q ev * * nodes=unixnodes begind=-1 begint=18:00 endd=-1

Checking this mornings email report from the unix team, again only 50 nodes where on the report - I guess I'll just have to create two scripts with 2 emails to the unix team, unless anyone has any other ideas?

If I were to do this, I prefer to do a KSH script to create the report. Something to the effect of:

#!/bin/ksh

COM="dsmadmc -id=<user> -pass=<password> -dataonly=yes -noconfirm -display=list"

if test -s event.log
then
rm -f event.log
else
echo " " > /dev/null
fi

NODE=`cat node.list`

for i in $NODE
do
$COM "q eve * * nodes=$i begind=-1 begint=18:00 endd=-1" >> event.log
done

cat event.log | mailx -s "Output from TSM" [email protected]

This way there is no limit for the list node.list, and of course this is just one way.

Last edited:
Back