ISC Inconsistency

chenao

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Using the ISC when I check the Health monitor it shows me all the schedules as missed but The TSm Daily report shows that they run well. In addition with the time change (DST) it did not change when reporting the schedule completition under Server Maintennace -> Administrative schedules. I checked the hour for the server where ISC is installed and is correct. My question is if I have to change any settings or so. This is happening after I had to recover the Tivoli Server (different server where ISC runs). Any idea? thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

Which version of the TSM Server and the Admin Center are you using? The difference between the two queries is that the health monitor queries the last 24 hours whereas the administrative schedules tab in the server properties notebook queries all events since midnight on the current date (the default for the Q EVENT command).

For admin events the health monitor uses:
QUERY EVENT * type=admin begintime=now-24:00 endtime=now enddate=today f=d

In the server properties notebook under administrative schedules the query used is:
QUERY EVENT * TYPE=A F=D

For your question about the daylight savings time change can you describe your environment in more detail?

1. Timezone of your TSM server
2. Timezone of your ISC and Admin Center machine
3. Timezone of your machine where you connecting to the Admin Center with your browser
4. List the different times you are seeing and where you are seeing the times

Thanks,
Nick Kovacs
IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Development

Back