ISC/Admin Center setup questions

Reaction score
I working on a project to upgrade server and client versions. They have 5.2 to 5.4 servers (most are at least 5.3) and clients and they have been using the transition web interface to administer them with no ISC Admin Center setup. We will be setting up 2 – ISC/Admin Center dedicated servers, configure them to manage the TSM servers and update the server versions going forward. 1. My understanding is that I could set up a 5.5 version of ISC/Admin Center ( the goal is to eventually upgrade all servers to 5.5) this would save me the need to update the ISC/Admin Center from 5.4 to 5.5. Is this correct? Will the ISC Admin Center 5.5 be backward compatible with 5.3 and 5.4 servers? Or do I need to use 5.4 ISC/Admin Center. 2. The existing servers already have their configuration setup (Libraries, tape drive, disk, backuppools, copypools, etc…) most documentation is geared to fresh server install and then configuring them thru the ISC/Admin Center. When adding a pre-configured server will it see all the Libraries, tape drive, disk, backuppools, copypools, etc… already on the servers?

Last edited:
1. ISC later versions (5.5) will manage earlier versions - it will "see" earlier versions.

2. Update your TSM server to 5.5 then update ISC to the same level that comes with TSM server 5.5. ISC will import the existing configuration from the older version.

Last edited:
Back