Integrated Solutions Console Advanced Edition Version 7.1

nenifled

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
In chaper 6 of the "TSM Installation Guide for Windows" I found this:

Note: The Administration Center Version 6.1 is only compatible with the Integrated Solutions Console Advanced Edition Version 7.1. If you currently have downlevel versions of the Administration Center and Integrated Solutions Console installed, you must upgrade both."

Where do I find the: "Integrated Solutions Console Advanced Edition Version 7.1"?

I have been looking everywhere!:confused:

please look at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&uid=swg27007471 :
<cut>
Downloading and assembling the product
  1. Navigate your browser to the Find Downloads and Media Web page on the IBM Passport Advantage Online Web site.
  2. Select the Find by part number search option under Download finder options.
  3. Search for each downloadable image by part number.
  4. Download all of the required parts.
  5. Use a file extracting utility that supports large file extractions to unpack each of the parts into a single, temporary directory on your system.
  6. Open the Quick Start Guide located on the Quick Start CD. Follow step three through step nine of the Quick Start Guide to access documentation to help with product installation.
</cut>

TSM Install Package Includes ISC AE 7.1

The statement about Integrated Solutions Console (ISC) AE 7.1 is intended to indicate that the 6.1 Administration Center will not run on an older version of ISC.
The Tivoli Storage Manager install package includes the required versions of ISC and WebSphere. You do not need to obtain any other packages.

That sounds good

Nice, Mr Tsmacguy.

I like to hear that...no extra downloads ;-)

I've done that now, and my ISC is working almost fine...

When I look in the consoles welcome page, I see no Advanced version 7.1, I see this version: Integrated Solutions Console, 6.1.0.19 Build Number: cf190836.04 Build Date: 9/9/08

This is a new install, there has never been a ISC on the server before, so this ISC must have come together with the TSM 6.1 installation.....why do I get a 6.1.0.19?

The ISC is working fine with this wrong?? ISC? :rolleyes:

PS: The Tivoli Common Reporting is not working.

It is good to hear ISC is working fine.

Yes, that is very confusing. The "6.1.0.19 Build Number: cf190836.04 Build Date: 9/9/08" is actually the version of WebSphere being used by ISC.
You are actually running ISC AE 7.1.

What problems are you seeing with the Reporting? I will have them looked at.

stack overflow at line: 10167

Hello again
I have been hit by easter holiday!

When I klick "Work with Reports" I get the error:

"stack overflow at line: 10167"

It is a normal windows error. When I press "OK", nothing happens! Do you know if there are any logfiles?

Steps to try reproduce the problem

Hello:

I am not quite sure where you are in the user interface when you click "Work with Reports". Could you provide me the steps to try reproduce the problem?

org.eclipse.birt.report

I realized that I only get the error if I log directly on the server where Admin Center is installed....

I press theese two links: "Tivoli Common Reporting" and then "Work with Reports".

If I just connect remote via an IE - and wait 5 minutes looking at "Loading" the reports are starting....but then when I make a report I get a new error:

+ Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc
Failed to get connection....

I will investigate a little....:redface:

closer....

I realized that I only get the error if I log directly on the server where Admin Center is installed....

I press theese two links: "Tivoli Common Reporting" and then "Work with Reports".

If I just connect remote via an IE - and wait 5 minutes looking at "Loading" the reports are starting....but then when I make a report I get a new error:

+ Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc

I wonder if this will help...

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoc...topic=/com.ibm.itm.doc_6.2.1/pdg_itm62372.htm

I have seen this problem on my windows XP Internet Explorer (IE).
I ended up having to double click on the "Work with Reports" two or three times before it came up. When I ended up doing that it opened up a new window from where you can work from your TCR reports.
I also find this problem does not exist with Firefox I have not seen this problem on Windows 2003 or 2008 IE

Back