If you has bought a TS7530, share me some experiences.

goodboy

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
We have just bought a TS7530. Our order has the item "IBM VE TS7500 Enterprise Edition V3.1 - Feature code 5697-P19", and also has "TS7500 Enterprise Edition V3.1 Media".

But the supplier just bring us the TS7530 hardware only (with preload VE v3.1), no any Installation CD and Document. Is it right?

Give me some information. Thanks!

Read the redbook about the Version 3 ibm vtl software for the model ts7520 and ts7530. They are both pretty good to read. And the rest of the documentation is online at IBM also so I wouldn't worry too much about the missing documentation. However, if you are missing the CDs or DVDs then I'd be a bit more concerned. Particularly, you was the Recovery CD (or DVD I can't remember). There are actually two recovery CD but one of them is bootable and will reinstall the VTL software. I used it to recover from an failed upgrade from an older V2 version of the software (nightmarish story about V2 to V3 VLT software upgrade to come in the future).

So you should actually get (if my memory serves me right) at least 3 CD/DVD with your TS7530. The Recovery CD/DVD is actually downloadable from ibm.

Rick Un

Back