i/o error reading label for volume...

uniw

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hello users,

we use a w2k server (sp2) with tsm 5.2 installed on it. The library is a fsc (adic) scalar 100 with 2 ibm ultrium-td2 scsi seq devices-drives. It is connected to the server with an adaptec u320 scsi-controller. All things seems to be ok on the w2k servers system settings and also in the tsm settings, but if we start an archiv, which goes directly from client-node to the library, then we get the following output:

ANR8439I scsi library lb0.0.0.4 is ready for operations

:

ANR8355E I/O error reading label for volume 000001L2 in drive mt1.0.0.4

ANR8778W Scratch volume 000001L2 changed to private ...

The same happens for all of our 50 tapes.

What may the reasons for these errors be? Any idea what to do?

thanks in advance

uniw

Latetly we got similar errors from one of two IBM ultriums (3580) attached via fibre. After a lot of investigation it turned out to be a cabeling problem - replacing the cable of that drive made it working w/o any problems. Don't know if this was special to the fibre connection or if the IBM ultriums are so sensitive.

tomP

thank you for your ideas . we solved this problem in that way, that we turned off our library (checked all our cables, connectors and terminators) turned on the library, checked out all of our tapes, updated the library, updated the drives, label and checked in the tapes again and fortunately it worked with us .

up to next times

Back