I have to implement vaulting for a only part of nodes!

AFreitag

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi, first of all sorry about my bad english and I am a TSM greenhorn!

My job to do:
I have to implement vaulting for a only part of nodes!

My question:
- How can I copy only a part of nodes from the primary storage pool (3592POOL) to the copy pool (COPYPOOL_001)?

Short answer is you can't. You would need to break your primary 3592POOL into 2 pools, and send one of those offsite. The other pool would not be sent offsite.

You create the offsite tapes with "backup stgpool" and there is no way to get it to only backup part of a storage pool.

thanks for your fast answer!

But where I have to define which node migrates to which Pool?

Sorry or do you mean, I need to create 2 Pools with the same propertys (2xALLNodes) ??? Thanks...

You do that by one of two ways.

Either use include/exclude options to send particular nodes data to either of 2 management classes that point at the 2 pools as their destinations.

Or, perhaps better, separate the nodes that need to be offsited into their own policy domain. So you have a policy domain which contains nodes that are offsited, and a separate policy domain for nodes that aren't offsited. You could make the domains identical apart from the destinations of their management classes, which would point at either the no-offsite pool or the yes-offsite pool.

This is a good way to seperate prod and test systems, yet the systems can still use the same client optionsets etc.

OK you have being faster!!!! THANKS!!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More question's:

Is it right, the only way to split the nodes to different Pool's is to create Management Classes per Pool or Domains?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Not quite sure what you mean. Policy Domains can contain multiple Management Classes, but a mgtclass can only belong to one policy domain. Management classes point at a single destination pool.

So you will need 2 pools, and 2 management classes. Those management classes can be in the same domain (requiring you to use include/exclude options to get different nodes to use the correct mgtclass), or they can be in different domains (in that case you put each node into the required domain with "update node domain=xxx".

I mean to copy the domain's with the included management classes and change the destination in the management classes to the new storage pool!

After that i can change the domain of the node's I want and than they have to stor their data to the Storage pool with vaulting?!?!

Back