How to Use Management class in Scheduled jobs

NewGuy

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I want to do backups using a different management class for each domain. I have created them so that I can move the data to a unique management class for the "C drive" "D Drive" and so forth. What I want to do is run a scheduled backup daily using the management class for let's say the "D Drive" and weekly scheduled backup using the "C Drive" management class. I keep getting an error when I code an include statement with the mangement class on it in the objects. Include on the options also errors.. Could someone give me an example of how to do this. :confused:

As default, you will backup everything on your local disks

if you use

include c:\...\* C_DISK

include d:\...\* D_DISK

you will back up c: and d: everytime you run the nodes associated schedule

To seperate those two, you will have to create 2 different dsm.opt with one saying only to backup c: and the other only d:.

the first dsm.opt for let's say d: will run as as tandard scheduled event each work day, while the other would need to be started through some sort of script or *.bat file. and scheduled to run as a "command" from the TSM server, to run during the weekend.

I don't know if this is the answer you was looking for but it's the only one I got for what I think you wanted to know. :)

Back