how to start tsm client scheduler on aix?

martins

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hallo,

I can run scheduler only interactive using dsmc sched command, after closing by ctrl+c process stoped.

what must I check to see is there scheduler installed correctly. On the windows there are services, client acceptor daemon (CAD). There are no present this dsmcad file on the AIX client. May be it's not installed?

During Installing client must I install scheduler seperatly?

Many thanks about any answer!

I have gone around this problem by running dsmc sched& from the AIX console. But should the console window close for any reason or the box reboot, the command must be re-entered.

Does anyone know of a way to put dsmc sched in a script so it always runs on AIX (like rc3 in Solaris)? I am new to AIX, and if there is a way to do this via smitty, I would love to learn how

put this into your /etc/inittab

tsmsched:2:respawn:/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmc sched > /dev/null

then run as root "telinit q" to have the system reread the /etc/inittab.

Hopefully, you have the passwordaccessgenerate flag in your dsm.sys file and your node password cached so that this process doesn't respawn too rapidly and turn itself off.

In AIX, pretty much everything explicity starts up based on stuff in /etc/inittab unlike solaris which has all the rc file structure.

rick

Note to newbies to AIX. Never, EVER edit the inittab directly. If you vi the /etc/inittab while AIX attempts to read it, it can cause the system to lock/reboot. Always use lsitab/mkitab/rmitab to view/create/delete lines in the inittab.

-Aaron

Thanks run for the tip!

And thanks heada for warning us before we stepped in it!!!!!! :rolleyes:

If you prefer the script method like the rc scripts in Solaris, checkout the /etc/rc.d/samples/README.txt for a quick description of implementing start and stop scripts.

neil

Thanks about help, it was very usable.

How do you run script dsmc sched&. After I enter this command, I must enter my username and, a message appears

'3004-14 TSM was invoked without a port name

stoped dsmc sched&'

In the dsmsched.log file there is seems that no sched is started.

Martin, Make sure that your dsm.sys is properly configured. I have been using the client access daemon with good results - dsmcad

<dsm.sys>

passwordaccess = generate * To get rid of your tsm login problem

pasworddir = /tsm/password/dir

managed services = schedule

tcpclientaddress = dns.client.name * or the client IP address

tcpclientport = 1502 *I think this is default to get rid of the port number issue

<rc script>

case "$1" in

"start")

echo "starting TSM daemon"

cd /usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin

/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/ba/bin/dsmcad & >/dev/null 2>&1

;;

"stop")

echo "stopping TSM daemon"

kill `ps -e -o "%p %c" | awk '/dsmcad/ {print $1}'`

;;

esac