How to Query Backed up files on TSM database

No problems!

Hmm, didn't realise it was Oracle, it might be more efficient to query RMAN on the client rather than TSM - you'd at least get more detail from there. But on the other hand if your TSM is only backing that server up I guess the DB will be tiny.

Check: http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246249.pdf (Chapter 7) for other ways of getting this info. RMAN commands 'report' and 'list' along with 'crosscheck' can get you this information, but you'll have to run them from the client machine.

But...whatever works for you!

Dear Chris,

I am just backup the output of the dba backup, I meant here that the dba run a daily cronjob to involve RMAN to backup his db to local disk, here I don't use rman with tsm, I am backing up that files on disk

I also know that they are only always about 10 files, not exceed

so your select that query last 24 hours files backed up

WILL BE SO EASY ON TSM

as my tsm server only holds this node oooonly

KIND REGARDS,
fanna
thnxxx

Dears,

Sorry for disturbance again, but is there a way to list the modification time of the backed up files

When you try to press restore in BAclient GUI, you found columns for file name, backup time, modification time of each file

I know my request is so annoying and no need to know it, but believe me it's the dba request

I tried to to run >select * from backups, but I didn't find item for modification time

VOLUME_NAME:
NODE_NAME:
TYPE: Bkup
FILESPACE_NAME: /dmp
FILE_NAME:
AGGREGATED: No
FILE_SIZE: 592136300
SEGMENT: 1/1
CACHED: No
FILESPACE_ID: 1
ILESPACE_HEXNAME:
FILE_HEXNAME:
BITFILE_ID: 68651
OBJECT_ID: 68651
COPIED: NO
DAMAGED: NO

regards,
fanna

You can't get that information from the TSM server. You would need to run a 'dsmc q backup' type command from the client.

thanks

hey cjhood

Thanks for that , I was trying to work on it but you beat me, nice one.

cheers

Ryan

Back