How to find no.of successful vm backup?

rpandey

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi
How to find no. of successfull vm backup using TSM server command line ? I need to find out how many successfully completed and how many failed on last 24 hrs.

What marclant posted is helpful, but I wanted to share look at filespaceview as well.
One of my query's are looking at the that table for the datacenter name. It is not perfect, and if I knew DB2 better, I'd likely have some joins going on with summary_extended.

Try, select * from FILESPACEVIEW where NODE_NAME='<datacenter name here>'
You may want to limit to fetch the first 33 rows or so, if you have a lot of file spaces.
I like using filespaceview as it lets me see if the node is decomissioned along with the decom date. I run that in tandem with my summary_extended query as I've had other admins accidentally issue a decom vm command and then come back to me 2 weeks later asking why said vm wasn't being backed up any more. Since a decomissioned node isn't counted as a failure, its an extra safety check.
Food for thought anyhow.

SELECT * FROM SUMMARY_EXTENDED WHERE ACTIVITY = 'BACKUP' AND ACTIVITY_DETAILS = 'VMware' AND START_TIME BETWEEN '2018-03-28 09:00:00' AND '2018-03-29 09:00:00'

This will give you result for both failed and successful with detailed info.

Back