how to change the TSM SERVER "ADMIN" password ?

Crob

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all.

I'm new in this place and fresh under TSM-ADSM.

I use TSM Server 5.3.2.0 on AIX platform and both Windows and AIX TSM-clients.

For the last server update, connecting with "dsmadmc" or within the Web interface on the TSM server get automatically the enter, without entering any password !

I mean, just log on the console with user "admin" and you don't have to type the password.

Please could you help me to put a new password on the server. Should I change anything regarding the clients ? I'm not sure but I don't think so.

Please help.

Thanks in advance

Kind Regards

Crob

Hi Crob -

This sounds like your Authentication is turned OFF.

Now - if your clients are using it this way, and you turn it ON, you had better hope that all nodes have their password files setup & password access is set to GENERATE in the dsm.opt files on them.

How do you check this?

Login to dsmadmc

"q stat"

The 9th line down is what you need to check - "Authentication: On"

To update, via dsmadmc:

SET AUTHENTICATION (OFF / ON)

Specifies whether clients are prompted for a password at the beginning of a session.

Good luck.

-Chef

The option pwd accesss generate s juz to set authentication for users..

Better option is to use Update admin Command...

If his authentication is set to OFF - he can use the update admin command as many times as he wants - but it will still never prompt him for a passwd.

Re: original question:

"For the last server update, connecting with "dsmadmc" or within the Web interface on the TSM server get automatically the enter, without entering any password !

I mean, just log on the console with user "admin" and you don't have to type the password."

Back