How to BACKUP DB on Windows 6.1.2 server

slonk

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to get TSM 6.1.2 to work on Windows. After installation of TSM server and ISC basic functions seem ok. However I cannot get BACKUP DB to work, this quits with errors like:

• Database backup terminated. DB2 sqlcode: -2033. DB2 sqlerrmc: 406. (SESSION: 116, PROCESS: 5)

The manual says (among other things):
The environment variables are used by the Tivoli® Storage Manager client API to locate API codes and the options files. The DB2® instance must be running in a shell with correctly set environmental variables.
[...]
On Windows®, the DSMI_* variables are set in the file that the DB2 instance registry variable, DB2_VENDOR_INI, points to. For example, this file might be /home/tsminst1/tsmdbmgr.env. You can verify this by issuing the db2set -i tsminst1 DB2_VENDOR_INI command, where tsminst1 is the DB2 instance.

The DSMI_* variables are initially set up automatically by the Tivoli Storage Manager instance configuration wizard. They can be set up manually, though, as described in the Installation Guide.

But, I never installed any client API and also DSMI_* variables seem not been automatically set up by the instance configuration wizard.

Does anyone have a clue?

Hi,

check the paragraph "Preparing the database manager for backup" in the Installation Guide. Following this procedure should normally solve th eissue.

Regards. Wim.

I noticed installing TSM 6 from MMC server instance wizard does not complete the DB2 environment configuration. This has to be manually done.
It has been reported fixed in 6.1.3
When I used the configuration wizard (dsmicfgx.exe) the installation and backing up the database ran smoothly

Back