How many tapes in the library contain archived data

mricca

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have only one client that I run archives on. I have ran a total of 24 archives with about 90GB for each archive. We use LTO1 tapes. What is the command to find out exactly how many tapes in the library are being used for all these archives? Is there a way to get a list? Our library is colocated. If I do the q autooccup doesnt that show all the tapes used for this client and not just the ones used for archiving? Is the archived data mixed with other data in the library or is a new tape used each time we archive?

You could try something like

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Code:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><PRE>select distinct VOLUME_NAME FROM VOLUMEUSAGE where COPY_TYPE='ARCHIVE' order by VOLUME_NAME</PRE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>I have only one client that I run archives on. I have ran a total of 24 archives with about 90GB for each archive. We use LTO1 tapes. What is the command to find out exactly how many tapes in the library are being used for all these archives? Is there a way to get a list? Our library is colocated. If I do the q autooccup doesnt that show all the tapes used for this client and not just the ones used for archiving? Is the archived data mixed with other data in the library or is a new tape used each time we archive?

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Back