Having CAD Retry

DaVike

Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

We're using the Client Acceptor Daemon to manage the schedule, it works fine almost all of the time. Yet in rare occasions the TSM server fails to connect to a system and it never retries once which means the backup is missed. For such a situation I've verified that the TSM server did try to connect, but there wasn't a single packet received on the node according to the host based firewall (and all other days there was, and the system wasn't rebooted or disconnected at the time). When fully opperational, the CAD only starts the scheduler when a connection is received from the TSM Server, so the scheduler was never started even though there was an expected time. I cannot image that using CAD will have backups fail (miss) from just a network glitch and that we cannot handle that, but failed to find good settings so far.
Is there a way to have a retry amount/interval configured for
a) The TSM Server side so it will try and connect more than once to reach a node?
b) A way to configure have CAD start the scheduler a bit more often or at least at the backup time, not depending on just an incoming TSM Server connection?

Thanks for any suggestions,

D.

If you are using prompted mode, set to polling and shorten the polling time to every hour.
You can also set the retry settings and retry period on the node side (use the GUI).

You can also increase the duration time on the backup schedule (i.e., on the TSM server side).

Thanks!

Indeed prompted mode was configured. I never considered using polling as an option using the CAD but it works perfectly fine, will use that instead.

D.

Back