Global level incl/excl question

ramohi

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We have a global level "clopt' file and Oracle dbf files are set to be excluded...

on one linux server they want to backup the *.dbf file which runs a coldbackup.

can you please let me know how to achieve that?

Thanks in advance.
Ram

Optionset Description Last Update by Managing profile
(administrator)
------------------------- ------------------------- --------------- --------------------
ORACLE $$CONFIG_MANAG- TSM6L
ER$$
Option Sequence Use Option Value
number Option
Set
Value
(FORCE)
------------------------- -------- ------- ------------------------------------------------------------
Optionset Description Last Update by Managing profile
(administrator)
------------------------- ------------------------- --------------- --------------------
UNIX $$CONFIG_MANAG- TSM6L
ER$$
Option Sequence Use Option Value
number Option
Set
Value
(FORCE)
------------------------- -------- ------- ------------------------------------------------------------
INCLEXCL 120 No exclude /.../*.dbf

you can run a selective backup, that back up all files regardless the inclued/exlude list

dsmc selective /path/*.dbf

you can run a selective backup, that back up all files regardless the inclued/exlude list

dsmc selective /path/*.dbf
Include/exclude are honoured regardless if an incremental or a selective. It will report ANS1115W and skip the excluded files.

hi Marclant,

Thanks for the reply.

As we have set clopt on global level on the maganing server, I cannot modify that.
what can I modify on the node that is getting backed up...(like th dsm.sys file) and get the *.dbf file backed up.

Thanks in advance.

On the client itself, you cannot do anything. Either you remove the node from the client option set or edit the client option set, those are the only 2 options.

I guess you could tar these files, then backup the tar file.

Back