full and log backups are inconsistence

enojado

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi all!

I have an Exchange server with 3 nodes in TSM.
Exchange1 - daily
Exchange1_m - monthly
Exchange1_y - yearly

Exchange1_y took a full backup.
After the full backup of node yearly, tsm took incremental backup with Exchange1 daily.
The daily incremental backup are now inconsistence. Because the fullback is on exchange_y. The situation is, I can't do incremental restore because the incremental backup can't find any fullbackup.

How do I move the fullbackup from exchange1_y to exchange1 ?
Do I have other options? Is it possible to restore only incremental log files?

Server 6.1 - win 2008
Client 5.5.1 - win 2003

Br,
Eno

Is this a possible solution?
I think I need to export the file spaces from both the nodes (Exchange1 and Exchange1_y) to a new location. Create new node (Exchange1_NEW) and then import both file spaces to this node. I think the Incremental backup will find the correct full backup.

What do you think?

Thanks

Br,
Eno

For me, i used two stgpool and mgmt classes in a same domain:
1 for Monthly PRD_MT with mgmt monthly prd_mt vere=12 rete=365 verd=12 reto=365
1 for quaterly PRD_QT with mgmt quaterly prd_qt vere=40 rete=3650 verd=40 reto=3650

After, i have a schedule for monthly and an another for quaterly.

maybe this is my solution !?
I have to restore and merge second storage group. Is that possible??
Do I have to use fsid=2 in the import job?

Exportjobb nr1: export node fromnode fsid=2 devc=tapeclass filespace=fromfilespace filedata=all

Exportjobb nr2: export node fromnode fsid=2 devc=tapeclass filespace=fromfilespace filedata=all

Importjobb nr1: import node tonode devc=tapeclass vol=tape1
Importjobb nr2: import node tonode devc=tapeclass vol=tape1 merge=yes

Last edited:
How can you have an incremental (diff) from one schedule without having run a full first...unless you've used the same nodename for each schedule? You should be able to restore the full, and the diff on top of it if they are under the same nodename.

Moving forward you might want to think about different nodenames for different schedules and be sure to run fulls and diffs on your daily.

Back