For your continuing TSM education....

thanks. I'm looking for training. I'm a very novice TSM administrator who just inherited a tape library from our TSM Administrator leaving in 2 weeks. Do you have any suggestions regarding getting started and learning TSM? Any suggestions would be great!!! Thank you!
Biff

Maybe I should go to TSM training sometime..... Never have been officially trained to be a TSM admin.

-Aaron

Maybe I should go to TSM training sometime..... Never have been officially trained to be a TSM admin.

-Aaron

lmao, pretty sure you might survive without it :)

I am sort of in the same boat, many moons ago I went on an implementation course, but that was before i started on TSM and it was very very poorly ran..

Walked out of there with a book to study and not a lot of knowledge of the product

thanks

just wanna say thanks to ttrinh7975... it's very useful training for me as a newbie to tsm
thanks

Thanks a lot man! It is a good help

Here are some more free Training for Tivoli products.

Since you inherited TSM, you should start with TSM implemenation.
This will give you the overview how TSM work.

Then take TSM Administrator. to get indeep with TSM admininstration tasks

https://cgse1.cgselearning.com/cms/CartServlet?add_cart=all_prog_cat_cart&prog_id=1548&school_id=22

With 5.4, Implementation and Administration are not two separate courses anymore. Those labels are now combined into two courses......Implementation and Admin Part 1 and Part 2.
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/software/tivoli/education/Roadmaps/TSM_5.4.pdf

Last edited:
Back