Filespace inconsistent

gorally

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I am trying to restore AIX server filesystems. I checked the dsmsched.log in the client server and the last successful backup was in May. I then use the q filespace command and it told me the last successful incr backup was in January. How would this possible? In addition, I try to restore those filesystems which shows in the filepaces and it says:

ANS1395E The destination filespace or drive letter is unavailable. The following

object was not processed:

filepace:'/tivpatch'

If I can see the filespace in the server, how come I can't restore it? And anyone know the reason why my log's last backup date is different from the q filespace command?

Thx

First - take a look at your include/exclude file if any, See if the filespace is listed.

Second - in your dsm.opt file - Do you have a Domain Statement of the affected filespace?

If not put one in there.

Third - in the same dsm.opt file - Domain statement line, if you have a trailing (/) remove it. This will then populate the last backup fields in the detailed summary.

Lastly run an incremental of the affected filespace and view the details.

Let us know

Steven

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>First - take a look at your include/exclude file if any, See if the filespace is listed.

Second - in your dsm.opt file - Do you have a Domain Statement of the affected filespace?

If not put one in there.

Third - in the same dsm.opt file - Domain statement line, if you have a trailing (/) remove it. This will then populate the last backup fields in the detailed summary.

Lastly run an incremental of the affected filespace and view the details.

Let us know

Steven</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

Steven,

Just so you know I had done the restore in the past and all the filespace was there. However, when I tried to do that this time. For some reason it gives me that error message. I have not modifed the .opt file since day one and nothing has been added or removed. I was just worried that 1) the date on the client and server is not the same 2) the restore of the filespace gives out error.

Back