Fastback problem, Fastback Server is currently initializing.

hnhn

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Default Monospace,Courier New,Courier,monospace]When trying to start Fastback Manager I get this error message: "FBSG4302W Fastback Server is currently initializing. Please try again
later" and it wont connect to fastback server. [/FONT]
[FONT=Default Monospace,Courier New,Courier,monospace]I have restarted fastback service and reboot server but are still reciving same meassage... [/FONT]
[FONT=Default Monospace,Courier New,Courier,monospace][/FONT]
[FONT=Default Monospace,Courier New,Courier,monospace]In windows application log says: "FBSS7541E Failed to initialize module: [FBDB - Failed converting files to FBDB style]" [/FONT]

Any idea?

I have now similar issue.
There is the same error in event log. FastBack services are runing, but I can not conet to FastBack server.
But I recieve error FBSG5804E Please verify IP/Computer name because of connection failure at ....
Did you solve this problem? How? Thanks.

Thanks for this hint. Our instaled version is 6.1.0, no upgrade had been done in last time.
But problem is with history.txt file. This file is missing on all locations. (sevrer, server mirror, all repositories)
Last available version of this files was 30 hours old when server had benn crashed.
Is the only way to load older file there? Only this file, or all config files? What shall I do with younger jobs? Can I delete it?

Thanks.

Last edited:
The problem has been solved by IBM. They have recreated history.txt and history.txt.sig files from older versions.

Jakub ur prompt response is required i have fastback 6.1.2.0 and have same problem i-e FBSG5804E Please verify IP/Computer name because of connection failure at .... i have history.txt and history.txt.sig files in server but the error is continuous.i changed my ip on second network card,restarted services, restart the server but all in vain.kindly help me...

Thanks.

Hi Suleman.
There is more important files. Not only history.txt. Look at latest Fastback server log files -something like FAST_BACK_SERVER???.sf.
There you can see more. In our case there was error
FSI_REDUNDENT_SignatureFile: Sorry, can't CONF_S_OpenFile [c:/programdata/tivoli/tsm/fastback/server/mirror/history.txt]

Hi Jakub!
Thanks for your quick response.I think i have some files missing in server,mirror and repositories.Also i notice that history.txt file created itself even if we removed this file.Now have you any idea that if i run fastback server setup(repair) or upgrade from 6.1.2 to 6.1.3 than it will solve my problem.

Last edited:
Hi All.
I'm reposting my problem.I hace fastback 6.1.2.When i open fastback manager it gives error FBSG5804E Please verify IP/Computer name because of connection failure at ....I checked in windows event viewer and found the error FBSS7504E The FastBack Server Initialization will stop.Error in open/create configuration files.I also upgraded my server to 6.1.3 from 6.1.2 but the problem is still there.I checked network connection,host name,ip address all are fine.

Please guide me to resolve the issue.

Hi Suleman, I wrote to you on friday: look at FastBack server log
W2k8: C:\ProgramData\Tivoli\TSM\FastBack\server\FAST_BACK_SERVER???.sf
W2k3: c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Tivoli\TSM\FastBack\server\
All necessary files are on server directory, mirror directory, and on all root directories on all repository disks. So if you have deleted history files from server location, this files have been copied from backup location. Your problem is elsewhere. But if we discover problem with another file, we do not find solution.
If you have maintenance, open PMR request. In our case first mail we recieved from first level support. They gave us some advices, but this advices were not satisfactory (advices were dangerous) But few minuts after our reaction we were connected to second level support and problem was solved in this first day after PMR start.
We had similar problem twice. Once we sent all logs and config files from FB server including w2k3 logs, and we recieved repaired files and simple instructions. In second case (file inprogress.txt was missing)we sent logs like in first case, then ibm support conected to our server (something like rdp) and solved our issue online. In file inprogress.txt there are only informations about runnig jobs. It was easier.

Back