export TDP Nodes

Mario

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all,

Maybe someone can help. . .
I am trying to export TDP Nodes, means a Node which has Backup Data created by TDP Exchange Agent.
But it seems that just Meta Data are exported.
I`ve tried the export command in different variations like with wildcard, specified FSID, fromDate, . . . but each time with the same result.
Running a Node Export from File Data Node it`s working as expected, but with TDP Data its failed.

i really appreciate any help

Thanks,
Mario

Are you exporting the Target Node (nodename) or the Agent Node (localdsmagentnode) or both?
What's the exact command you are using to export?
What do the filespaces look like for the target and agent: Q FI {NODENAME} F=D?

You don't need to specify the filespace(s) if you want to export them all. Example:
export node {nodename} filedata=all ...

Are you backing up to local or TSM? If Local, that would explain why the filespace can be 0KB and you still see data to restore.

If the filespace is 0KB, it's also normal that 0KB is exported.

TDP Exchange Backup was directly to TSM Server.
However, I've tried now to export TDP (Exchange Public Folder) Nodes and get with all this Nodes the following console message:
the node xxx has a type that is not allowed for this command
could it be that export of TDP Nodes is not supported by TSM ?

the node xxx has a type that is not allowed for this command
What's the full error message?
What's the exact command you are using to export?
What do the filespaces look like: Q FI {NODENAME} F=D

Complete Message:
ANR1641E Backup Node: The Node xxx has a Type that is not allowed for this command
my Export Command:
export node xxx filedata=all preview=yes
Filespace Types - I can see NTFS has Data, but for Filespace API:ExcData it`s 0kb

Full output of Q FI XXX F=D and Q NODE XXX F=D. You can blank out nodename and any IP addresses/hostnames.

uploaded output for example Node - see attachment

Attachments

• NODE-35.TXT
    14.4 KB · Views: 3
  • EXCHANGE-35.TXT
    18.6 KB · Views: 1
ANR1641E Backup Node: The Node xxx has a Type that is not allowed for this command
That error message suggests that you tried to do a "backup node", so that's not related to your export.

export node xxx filedata=all preview=yes
That command is a preview=yes, so it's not exporting anything. What's the command you used to do the actual export? What was the results of that command (actual messages from actlog)?

But Filespace shows me 0kb Capacity which is confused, because in Restore Section I can see all Backups.
That's normal, only filesystems have a capacity, that's not representative of the amount of data backed up, just the size of the disk. You need to use QUERY OCCUPANCY NODENAME to see how much data was backed up by filespace.

my mistake, too often run the command today . . .
however, I understood that only QUERY OCCUPANCY NODENAME shows all available backup data, incl. Exchange data - correct ?
I've used the export command include preview=yes just to see how many data I have to export, but seems to be that this command can just handle filesystem and not ExcData.

however, I understood that only QUERY OCCUPANCY NODENAME shows all available backup data, incl. Exchange data - correct ?
Any type of data.

I've used the export command include preview=yes just to see how many data I have to export, but seems to be that this command can just handle filesystem and not ExcData.
What was the results of that command (actual messages from actlog)?
query actlog search="EXPORT NODE" begindate=mm/dd/yyyy begintime=hh:mm
put the date and time to before you did the export preview

Log Message:
13.12.2016 17:18:29 ANR0986I Process 594 for EXPORT NODE running in the BACKGROUND processed 2,244,379 items for a total of 211,951,511,247 bytes with a completion state of SUCCESS at 17:18:29.

o.k. I guess now understood the Difference between the QUERY OCCUPANCY Command for all Node Data and the EXPORT/PREVIEW Command which shows me only Filedata.
your Explanation was very helpful for me so now I can go as a Test to export a small Node to see if anything is working as expected.

many Thanks !
-Mario

Back