Exchange Cluster+TDP error

mabdullah

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

i facing problem while configuring TDP for Exchange and i hope get help from you guys.

i have 2 exchange 2003 server which is in cluster mode using windows cluster(active\Passive).i installed on each exchange server TDP for Exchange 5.3.3.2 and BA client 5.4.0.2. i registered boths nodes to tsm server.

i configured my Exchange opt file in both 2 exchange nodes as fellow:
__________________________________________________________________________________
NODename exc (Exchange Virtual Name)
CLUSTERnode yes
COMPRESSIon Off
PASSWORDAccess Generate
*======================================================================*
* TCP/IP *
*======================================================================*
COMMMethod TCPip
TCPPort 1500
TCPServeraddress 172.21.1.3 (TSM Server Ip address)
TCPWindowsize 63
TCPBuffSize 32

======================================================================*
SCHEDMODE Polling
*SCHEDLOGRetention 14
*SCHEDMODE Prompted
*TCPCLIENTADDRESS 172.21.1.20 (Exchange Virtual Ip address)
*TCPCLIENTPORT 1502

_________________________________________________________________________________________

but still i'm getting this Error (ACN5237E unable to communicate with exchange server) when i try to open TDP for Exchange.
is there anything i'm missing causing this error.i'm sure about my configuration coz i did as the documents said.

Did you configure the TDP for Exchange as a failover Service using MS Cluster Manager?

Are you using an account to control the TDP for Exchange that has rights to the Exchange server and that this account is a member of the Domain Exchange account?

thanx Moon for your fast reply.
my account which i'm using with TDP is member of exchange domain account and have right in boths exchange servers.

but i didnt configure TDP as failover service in MS cluster.whats the relation between this and my error???could someone explain me the steps for doing that.

hi

after creating new shortcut for tdpexc.exc and specifying the excserver parameter i can open the tdp for exchange and can see my sgps ..but when i try to make backup i get this error now(ANS1353E Session rejected: Unknown or incorrect ID entered)..can any one help me in this issue...

i solved the problem by registering the virtual cluster node to tsm server and now i can backup my sgps without any problem.thanx for help.

Back