Exchange 2010 - schedule fail

vegnar

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have installed TDP Exchange 6.1.2.0 on a Windows server 2008 R2 win Exchange 2010. Running a manual backup with excincr.cmd is working fine, but running the same file from a schedule fails with "ACN5350E An unknown Exchange API error has occurred".

In eventlog:
(Process w3wp.exe, PID 6348) "RBAC authorization returns Access Denied for user . Reason: No role assignments associated with the specified user were found on Domain Controller ADMAD001.xxxxx.loc".

I believe this is a permission problem, but my experience on Exchange 2010 is limited, unfortunately.
Can anyone give me a hint on how to assign the roles? Which roles etc.?

Exchange Admin

Hi,

did you try it with the exchange administrator ?

Kn8

I'm currently trying to get TDP 6.1.2.0 and Exchange 2010 to cooperate.

After multiple tries, I found that making the service start under an admin user id that has the proper permissions works.

Also on the roles, found the following. Not sure what applies to Exchange 2010.

------
What authority do I need to perform a Data Protection for Exchange backup and restore?

In order to perform backup and restore tasks, Data Protection for Exchange must be operating in an account that meets these two conditions:

1. The account must be delegated with the appropriate privilege:
* Exchange Server 2003: Exchange Administrator role
* Exchange Server 2007: membership in the Exchange Organization Administrators group
2. The account must be a member of the local Administrators group for the machine on which the Exchange server is running.

I created a BackupAdmin user and added this user to the Organization Management group in AD and used this for the exchange scheduler service.
This solved the problem. Thanks for your feedback!

Back