Errors

treds

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Code:
Hi to all i have a few issues with my TSM server can any one help.
Version 5.5.2 Linux
Both of the problems only started after a reboot on Friday

1/ After a reboot of the server the dsmserv will no longer start up using the tsm start up script i use which consists of
nohup ./dsmserv & > /dev/null 2>&1&
What I have to do is start in foreground first using ./dsmserv
Let it start in the foreground. I can then kill that dsmserv process go
Back to script and it will start up as normal!!!!
Dont know why this has stopped working

2/Only noticed this this morning one of the LTO4 drives was not being picked up. I updated the paths but despite being online it still did not work.
I then looked in the TSM Console/Drive Paths
I noticed that Drive 1 and 7 (the problem drive) had the same Device Name /dev/IBMtape3. I tried to modify through the gui to the next aviable which is /dev/IBMtape6. It would not do it and comes up with this error in actlog
ANR8420E DEFINE PATH: An I/O error occurred while         
                          accessing drive DRIVE7. (SESSION: 29)   
So I decided there may be a clash as it still online. So I went to the Dirve and clicked the Take the drive offine. Then I went back to the path window and removed the path. Then tried to re add but it still comes up with the error above
Any ideas please the drive is the most important thing at the moment
Regards
Treds

hi

Thats how it was set up. And it can not be done on startup due to the gpfs file sytem we are running. It was running fine up to friday. I am more concerned with getting the drive working really
Treds

Verify that the serial numbers on the drives are identified correctly. You may have to delete the drive and redefine it if it is incorrect. Check with the tsmdlst command

:)

Drive sorted thanks for responses
turned out to be a faulty port in san. Very intermitten and hard to spot
treds

Back