error in instalation TSM Server in Linux Suse 10.3

Guilherme

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I'm need help from the instation from TSM SERVER for Linux Suse 10.3. I geting this message:

linux:~/Desktop/tsm/TSM/C86PLML_SERVER # ./install_server

Preparing License Agreement

/tmp/license/jre/bin/exe/java: error while loading shared libraries: libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared file: No such file or directory

Java error code 127.

Any body could explain?

if suse has a java, i dont know, but i installed java 1.5 manually there.

and, i read that tsm is multplataform...

do you sugest that i use other linux?

thanks

Guilherme

From what I can find TSM is not certified for SUSE 10 yet. The 5.3 client and server only support 8 & 9 and this is why I don't use Linux much. I continually had issues with the release times for newer versions of Linux and then there were the driver issues. My opinion is that TSM is best on AIX. Again that is my opinion and others have their own. I would contact Harry Redl and see if he can help you he is a Linux GURU!

wow

thanks in advance

i really need this information...

if you can get this information to me, as soon as you can, i really aprecciate

thank you

Guilherme

This is the same problem I am having. I am looking at going to AIX somehow because of all the problems I am having with Linux.

Hello,

well, libpthread.so.0 is a part of glibc ... almost sure you have one on your system :) Do not have an experience with SuSE 10.3 but I am sure it can be solved. Drop me a private message or send me a mail to [email protected] and we can try to sort that out ... then we can inform the rest of this forum about the results

Hope it helps

Harry

Thank you!

The tsm server is working normally here.

hi!

how can i get the device name of my tape drive in a linux suse 10.3?

i try to put the /dev/sg1 in a path in the tsm, and it accept normally, but, when i run the command mount /dev/sg1 in the console, its said me that not found...

any ideas?

thanks

Guilherme

Hi,

what exactly you want to achieve?

use /opt/tivoli/tsm/device/bin/autoconf to map the devices - it will create /dev/tsmscsi/lbX and /dev/tsmscsi/mtY devices (well, they are just links so even /dev/sgX should work, but this way you easily know the right mapping)

then you have to define library, its path, drives and their paths in TSM - after that define device class and stgpools

Hope it helps

Harry

Solution found by Harry Redl

Edit the "install_server" script (line 478 or so), by replacing the line

$jre/bin/java -classpath $lapapp:$jre/lib/rt.jar:$jre/lib/i18n.jar com.ibm.lex.lapapp.LAP -l /tmp/license -s /tmp/license -text_only

with

/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_12/bin/java -classpath $lapapp:$jre/lib/rt.jar:$jre/lib/i18n.jar com.ibm.lex.lapapp.LAP -l /tmp/license -s /tmp/license -text_only

Assuming you have java 1.4.2 installed in the default location, this will effectively use your java instead of the one coming with the installer and the install will work just fine. At least for me it did :)

Thanks to Harry for the light ;)

Back