Error ANS5174E on an attempted restore of Eventlog from system object backup

mbotticelli

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I have a request to restore the last 5 days of event logs for 2 Windows 2000 servers

I went to the first server, displayed active/inactive, went to system objects, then eventlog and selected the first date and then selected restore. It warned me about not doing the entire system object, but since I only want the event log I said ok. According to the documentation, it will restore the file to the adsm.sys folder with the name eventlog.res. The restore sessions starts and I immediately get a ANS5174E error message "A required NT privilege is not held. Contact your administrator". Now I don't want to overwrite the active event log and I am assuming that since the documentation tells me it restores the file in the adsm.sys that once the restore completes I can then rename the file to something else or move it and do the next restore. I looked in the message guide for the error and it has a resolution to contact your adminstrator.

Anybody know what the problem could be? I have admin rights to the server. I am running server 5.1.7.3 and client 5.2.0.0 Client is a W2K server. Server is AIX 5.2

Thanks

Mike B

Back