Error 7 msg on windows

rpask

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi!! Has anyone seen an error 7 msg on a windows 2000 client. This is when I installthe service. Here is the msg:

Connecting to TSM Server via client options file 'C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt' ...

Error 7 establishing TSM API session: The client message repository couldn't be located.

Error 7 authenticating password: The client message repository couldn't be located.

I need help!!!!! :confused: :rolleyes:

Hi,

I assume you are using a non English Locale? Does you dsm.opt contain:

" language ameng" ?

If not please try this.

You can also check it by starting BAclient GUI+Edit+Preferences+Regional Settings.

During silent install you should check which language you have used (silent switch is supposed to be TRANSFORMS=10xx.mst 1033.mst being ENG)

Unfortunately the ans6000.pdf (Windows Client 5.2.GA.3 and 5.2.0.0) is incorrectly stating that you can use numerous languages, but the msi package does not have this support! Thus you CANNOT silently install and specify language. Interactive install you MUST use setup.exe - not *.msi package.

If you have one or more files missing, you can rerun the setup/msi and choose Repair, and rerun dsmcutil.

Please let us know how it goes!

Regards

[email protected]

Back