Error 1067 When Starting TSM Client Scheduler

tsmerian

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello fellow TSM'ers,

I was hoping some of you have ran into this before and could shed some light on my problem. First off, here's my system:

TSM Server Version 4.1.3 on MVS (I know it's now unsupported - we're in the process of an upgrade to 5.1, but this is really a client issue I think)

TSM Client Version 5.1 (PTF IP22519) on Win32 (NT/2000)

I am trying to create a scripted install through a simple batch file. All I'm basically doing is invoking the MSI installer with my appropriate install options to install the software, then using the dsmcutil program to install the Client Scheduler. Everything appears to complete successfully, but when I try to start the service, I get the error:

Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly.

It will never start. What I have to do is start the Backup Client, then go into the Setup Wizard to configure the Client Scheduler. The funny thing is that when I update the Client Scheduler, I'm just re-typing the same values that are in the dsmcutil command in my install batch file. But for some reason, the scheduler works perfect when configured/installed that way.

Are there issues with using dsmcutil? We have been using TSM since the old ADSM version 3.1 days, and have always used a scripted install using dsmcutil, and have had great success. For some reason, it seems to be having problems.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, and I hope all you your nighly incrementals/archives complete successfully!

Theo Merian

Client/Server Analyst

COUNTRY Insurance & Financial Services

Back