EMC Networker Help ( Urgent )

Gagan Bagga

Newcomer
Reaction score
Website
www.tcs.com
Hi All

I am new to Networker and currently working on the TSM environment we got new challenge in which we have Legato 7.2 on multiple sites,
I need you suggestion to improve the legato manageability and operation

Below is the detail for my Legato Environment

Servers on different sites
1> all server are at 7.2 Networker and having 2 -5 drives with Auto changer ( Windows 2003 and AIX 5.3 )
2> we are using all default group for all client and we have some pools like domino/SQL for Mail and Database server backup
3> we are using automate backup group backup (that is also by default :)
4> the Number of client is between 20 -40 per server
5> LTO2 drives

Operation Activity:

1>we are taking backup on daily basic and keeping the tape offsite (3rd party vendors come and collect the tape and put new tape)
2>retention of one month
3> daily inventory the new tape and label them (this takes lot of time)
4> the tapes are barcoded and label accordingly
5> we rotate the tapes after one month as we have one month retention as tape01 will come on JAN-1 FEB-1 etc

Where I need help ?

1>
Daily reports for the How much data is being backed up for each client and how many volume used (mminfo is helpful here if u can suggest any script it will be a g8 help)

2>
Capacity report
Backup fail alert ( as I am new I m going to each server and checking the saveset log , do we have any command like checking event in TSM where we can find the backup missed /failed and running )

3>
How to automate the tape inventory and labeling by script if we can do (can I have any example )

These are some links i am taking help: any suggestion are welcome

https://agora.cs.uiuc.edu/display/~mussulma/EMC+Legato+Networker+Admin+Tools
picard.ocis.temple.edu/~stan/NetWorker/index.html

Back