Duplicating TSM servers

Morpheus

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
I am going to need to stand up several TSM servers. Can the installation of one be duplicated? Has anyone tried imaging the server and then running sysprep and standing up additional TSM servers?

TIA
~M

Last edited:
Yeah, install TSM and set it up. Put all your configs, db, disk pools under 1 directory structure. Then stop TSM and simply copy the files to other servers or image it etc.
When TSM server is down, the whole thing can just be copied as files.
Obviously you may need to change things like ips etc when duplicating.

Oh sorry thats on AIX. Windows would be quite different i`d assume.

If you use a program like Acronis to perform this task - its doable But...The only problem with this -= is you'll have to make it a task to run TSM server in the foreground so that you can change the server name, HL and LL addresses etc... Otherwise you'll have the same server names all over the place. You'll have to insure you run defaults on the first server so that it can be tailored when the other servers come online.
This would be the extent of the replication effort.

good luck

I never used TSM server on Windows, but on Unix it's easy to script everything and to just use the server name as an argument in your scripts, so you can automate the install of your TSM servers.

Sorry I didn't post sooner, had a car wreck and spent some time in the hospitol.
I have windows servers. I am using WIM files and server 2008 and PXE boot to deploy the images. What I need to understand is what I need to change on the TSM Server software itself after the physical server is imaged. I think I see some or all of it from the posts.:D

Back