Duplicated configuration

carlos_listas

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi all!
I move a networker to another server with new version (old: win2k3 x86 Networker 7.2, new: win2k3 x64 Networker 7.4.2). To move I copied the nsr folder to new server, now some cofigurations are duplicated, default group, some notifications, user groups. How can I remove this configuration that are duplicated?

If you just copy the new ..\nsr\res\directory to the new location, the default resources will not be overwritten, This is th reason. Proceed as follows:
- Stop the services/daemons
- Delete the ..\nsr\res directroy
- Copy the original ..\nsr\res directory to this location
- Restart NetWorker

Well! I don't have a original NSR I copied the old NSR over new NSR. Does have some other thing to do?

The procedure works with whatever /nsr/res directory :
- Old is what you want to use
- New (default) is what you do not want to keep because NW will create these resources again automatically

It will even work with a total different /nsr/res directory (even of another operating system). This will of course not work but you can still 'visualize' another machine's setup on your host - very convenient when you need to support other systems/customer installations.

mmrecov

if you have a recent bootstrap and the server is in a mess, i would run a mmrecov and restore everything back to "clean" state.

Back