DRMDBEXPIREDAYS Help

Johnny Watson

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
My DRMDBEXPIREDAYS is set to 7 days, however there are 16 dbbackups in my library and will continue to add more. I have to delvol to remove them

Why are they not dropping off after the 7 days?

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

It looks like you are running 2 db backups a day, in which case you'll see 14 to 16 dbbackups in the library (depending on when 'expire inv' runs).

If you're moving dbbackups offsite, do NOT 'del volhist' (which is what I assume you mean) then or they will become orphaned and not be recalled.

backup db devclass=tape type=full runs @ 04:00

expire inventory quiet=yes runs @ 12:00

There is only one DB backup.

If you do a 'q volhis', what are the different types of 'DB' entries do you have, and what is the date range? Do not append 'type=dbbackup' to the query, we want to see ALL database backup/snapshot/etc activities. You may only have one planned db backup, but I suspect your trigger is going off.

I believe the DB Backup Series Expiration is only honored when you have the volumes being managed via drm. My guess is all the dbbackup volumes you have will show up in a "q drm wherestate=mountable". They need to be placed int he drm rotation or else that value isn't going to take effect.

Reactions: BBB
Back