Downloadable ISO BartPE/TSM

TonyS

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Does anyone have a working BartPE CD with ANY TSM client on it?
It doesnt seem like im getting a working version out of PEBuilder
with the plugins, TSM Client keeps crashing...

Any help is appriciated.

As far as my experimentation with Bart PE and PE Builder is concerned, having a TSM client that runs on a live CD or DVD is not possible since the TSM Client must be installed on a live system to make it work properly.

Hi,

it is possible to have such a CD - I have got one (with TSM 5.5 client)
Problem is that you have to create it using Windows XP (not Windows 2003 Server) base CD. For unknown reason TSM client crashes when run under 2003 based CD.
I can upload it somewhere if you want - drop me a PM.

Not tried to build a 6.x based CD yet ...

Harry

Hi,

it is possible to have such a CD - I have got one (with TSM 5.5 client)
Problem is that you have to create it using Windows XP (not Windows 2003 Server) base CD. For unknown reason TSM client crashes when run under 2003 based CD.
I can upload it somewhere if you want - drop me a PM.

Not tried to build a 6.x based CD yet ...

Harry

I haven't tried XP as I don't have any XP client for this to have any value. Good to know.

Hi,

I have no XP clients either. I use this CD to restore image backups (of Windows2k3, did not try other windows versions) to VMWare (so I had to add drivers for LSI SCSI controller and VMWare network cards). After image restoration I use VMWare convertor to make this VM bootable.

Harry

Have you looked through here?
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27005028&aid=1

We use it to recover VMs that refuse to boot to the OS. Very slick!

We network boot to PXE then select Bart PE (ISO). After the server is up we map a network drive to the client code and run the client using DSMC commands. I suspect you could have subfolders of clients on your Bart CD and run the commands from CD.

Last edited:
Back