doubts about correct answers / exam 000-799

darex

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
hello,

I'm preparing for exam 000-799 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager V5.3 Implementation.

I got some questions, but I have some problems to find correct answers.

Can anyone help me?

Thx, regards

===================================================

1)

Which three issues should the IBM TSM project team consider before beginning implementation?

A. if the archive bit is set in the file attributes

B. bandwith and setting of hubs and switches

C. the number of application installed on the client

D. Storage Manager client restore time requirements

E. number of disk storage devices on a client platform

F. amount of Storage Manager client data that changes each day

2)

A system administrator from the UNIX group is concerned that the Tivoli Storage Manager client is not picking up all includes/excludes he put in his dsm.sys file. From the command line client, how can he determine which ones are being read?

A. show inclexcl

B. query activelog

C. query systeminfo

D. query optionfile

3)

What are three factors to consider when designing the storage pool configuration? (Choose three)

A. HSM

B. Thresholds

c. Client schedule

D. Next migration pool

E. Shared storage pools

F. Number of private volumes

4)

Which three consideration would determine the disk requirements for the IBM TSM database? (choose two)

A. avarage file size

B. migration threshold

C. number of client files

D. size of the recovery log

E. number of backup versions

F. usage of copy storage pools

5)

A consultant has just implemented IBM TSM v5.3. The customer is concerned about the time requested for complet restores for some UNIX clients.

Which three features would be best to implement for this environment? Choose three

A. move nodata

B. collocation on

C. collocation off

D. remote copy feture

E. logical volume backup

F. adaptive subfile backup NIE !!! tylko WIN

Hi,

My opinion is:

B,D,F

C

A,B,E

C,E

A,B,E

Hope it helps

Harry

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>

5)

A consultant has just implemented IBM TSM v5.3. The customer is concerned about the time requested for complet restores for some UNIX clients.

Which three features would be best to implement for this environment? Choose three

A. move nodata

B. collocation on

C. collocation off

D. remote copy feture

E. logical volume backup

F. adaptive subfile backup NIE !!! tylko WIN

</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>

This question is an tricky one, because the right answers aren't the right ones to get an full score on this question.

Indeed the right answers are A,B and E, but if you do the exam the answers you should give are A,B and C :-o. Strange but true.

There seems to be an structural problem in all the exams (not only TSM, also Microsoft) with wrong answers.

We've done an test @ work;

4 people followed an microsoft sql server testking.

2 ppl provided the answers of which they were 100% sure they were right

2 ppl provided the answers that should be the right ones following TestKing.

Final result;

The 2 ppl who gave the testking answers got an 100% score en the 2 ppl who gave the true answers failed for the test :-o

Hi,

well - have to agree with M@rco, the "correct" questions does not necessarily mus be the "right" ones ... I did my best :)

When I was doing my TSM tests I sometimes felt I KNOW the right answer (as the procedure worked for me in day-to-day business) - but it simply was not on the list ...

bad thing is that you will never know what questions you have answered correctly ....

Crazymad: yes, for 4) it should be C,E,F ... but when it says "choose two" then you have to choose two ... even if it says "Which three consideration ....."

Hehe :)

Harry

Hello, I've found that there are two different answers on the same question. One answer at the braindumps and another answer at the Tivoly's Guide. What do you think - which one is the best answer? Offcourse I mean the best unswer from Prometric's and VUE's point of view.

:grin: :confused:

Back