Disk Pool Migration

spmcant

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My disk pool has nextpool tapepool. I am backing up servers to the disk pool and migrating off to the tape pool. The himig value is set to 100 during the day. If a server started backing up to the disk pool and the disk pool reached 100 % utilized would th migration start to the tape pool or would the backup fail. :confused: null

What SHOULD happen is the client would switch over to writing to the "nextpool" and the migration process should start to epmty the diskpool.

The problem with this is if you have multiple clients writing to the diskpool when it fills, all those clients will start to write to the nextpool. If the nextpool is tape based, each client will ask for a mountpoint in that pool. If you are like me and have over 200 clients but only 12 tape drives, you will get ALOT of tape contention. I have my highmig set to 90% and my lowmig to 70% while the clients are performing backups so that if the pool gets too full, it can start to migrate off some data and not have each client start asking for a tape drive and the pool wont totally empty and make the tape to tape copy process take all day.

-Aaron

Back