Different Server and Client Versions?

laney0906

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi all

Qucik qeustion about client compatibility

I have a 5.2 Level 2.2. Server. My Windows 32bit clients are running 5.2.2 client. Im encourtering alot of SYSTEM\STATE errors on my 32bit client backups. After reading the support and forums it seems that this is a known bug in 5.2.2 client and that you should upgrade to a later client.

I have been informed by a support provider that the Clients cannot be be upgraded unless the server is upgrades. Is this correct?

I upgraded a Test client to 5.2.5 and kept the server at 5.2 L2.2 and it seemed fine.

Does anyone know if its ok to have the clients at a higher patch version than the server

Thanks

Hi, that link doesn't answer my question really.

I want to install 5.2.5 on my clients with a 5.2.2 Server. The link you sent covered compatibility between base versions i,. 5.1, 5.2, 5.3

Im more interested in the Fix pack version differences and are they compatible

Thanks in advance

Hello...

To answer your question 5.2.5 client will work with a 5.2.2 server. The clients are compatible n-1 or n+1 (y) of the server code - 5.y.x. So that means a 5.2.5 client will work for a 5.1.x or 5.3.x server. Where as a 5.1.x client is compatible with a 5.2.x server but not officially a 5.3.x. server.

x = is the subset of y. As long as you follow the above rules all clients within that subset will be fine.

Back