Determining TDP Version from the TSM Server

xiewadu

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
http
Good morning, All!

I've been using the following select statement to determine my BAC version levels for the 5.3.x end of support:

select node_name,cast(client_version as char)||'.'||cast(client_release as char)||'.'||cast(client_level as char)||'.'||cast(client_sublevel as char(2)) as "Client_Version" from nodes

Are there any similar ways to determine the version levels for the TDP products I am using to back DBs (Exchange, SQL, Oracle) up with?

Thank you all!
Jen Howland
Hershey, PA

Good morning, All!

I've been using the following select statement to determine my BAC version levels for the 5.3.x end of support:

select node_name,cast(client_version as char)||'.'||cast(client_release as char)||'.'||cast(client_level as char)||'.'||cast(client_sublevel as char(2)) as "Client_Version" from nodes

Are there any similar ways to determine the version levels for the TDP products I am using to back DBs (Exchange, SQL, Oracle) up with?

Thank you all!
Jen Howland
Hershey, PA

yes; it's the same command ;-)

TDP_NOTESCLIENT 5.4.1.2
TSM_CLIENT 5.3.4.0

output for one tsm client with existing tdp for notes!

Hmmmm. Interesting. Is it possible that I'm misunderstanding you? I'm thinking that you are saying that this select statement returns one version for your BAC client, and a different version for the same node registered for your TDP for Notes client. Is this correct?

When I run this command, the node registered for SQL backups and for Exchange backups mimics the level of the same servers registered under another name for their normal incremental backups:

PAAAPPGEO001_SQL 5.5.0.0 -> TDP for SQL node (actual version 5.2.1.6)
PAAAPPGEO001_STANDARD 5.5.0.0 -> BAC version
AND
PAAMSGEVS001_CLST 5.3.0.0 -> TDP for Exchange node (actual version 5.2.1.0)
PAAMSGEVS001_XCHG 5.3.0.0 -> BAC version

Respectfully,
Jen

The client version for the BA client is the same as the client version for the API (which almost all TDPs use) so they should report the same version.

Code:
tsm: TSM01>select CLIENT_VERSION, CLIENT_RELEASE, CLIENT_LEVEL, CLIENT_SUBLEVEL from nodes where node_name='C15'

CLIENT_VERSION     CLIENT_RELEASE     CLIENT_LEVEL     CLIENT_SUBLEVEL
--------------     --------------     ------------     ---------------
             5                  4                2                   0

tsm: TSM01>select CLIENT_VERSION, CLIENT_RELEASE, CLIENT_LEVEL, CLIENT_SUBLEVEL from nodes where node_name='RC3USSAPC15DB'

CLIENT_VERSION     CLIENT_RELEASE     CLIENT_LEVEL     CLIENT_SUBLEVEL
--------------     --------------     ------------     ---------------
             5                  4                2                   0

tsm: TSM01>

[heada@rc3ussapc15db:/u/heada] lslpp -l tivoli.tsm.client.api.64bit
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Path: /usr/lib/objrepos
  tivoli.tsm.client.api.64bit
                             5.4.2.0  COMMITTED  TSM Client - 64bit Application
                                                 Programming Interface
[heada@rc3ussapc15db:/u/heada] lslpp -l tivoli.tsm.tdpr3.ora.64bit
  Fileset                      Level  State      Description
  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Path: /usr/lib/objrepos
  tivoli.tsm.tdpr3.ora.64bit
                             5.4.0.1  COMMITTED  Data Protection for mySAP
[heada@rc3ussapc15db:/u/heada]

-Aaron

Hello All,

I checked this select statement given below to Check TDP version from TSM server but it just list B/A client version only.
I need to check because we have lots of client using 3.3 TDP version.
I checked NODES tab and this also contains no info for TDP node Version.
Does any one able to find it?

Thanks in advance.:)

No way within TSM, AFAIK.

Windows (un)install information has a separate entry for the TDP. PSInfo -s can tell you that, remotely if you want.

IBM/Tivoli likes to "rebrand" the TDP packages as well. So even the package TSM for XXXX v5.5 may in fact install a v5.4 or v5.3 TDP client. They can be REALLY confusing to track and figure out which TDP relates to which TSM For DB/Mail/Whatever.

Hello,
the TSM Server do not store the levelthe TDP version! Only the API level is stored in the TSM DB.

Regards Chris

Back