Deleting of Prepareplan files

Arjan

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I am building a couple of new 5.4 TSM servers at the moment, with server to server communication. Every day the DB is backupped to the other server as well as the prepareplan (to deviceclass file). I set the DRMRPFEXPIREDAYS parameter to 3, as we only have a copy of the last 3 DB backups, the status of all the prepareplans (except for the last 2) is set to be deleted yes, but if i run expire inventory the prepareplans stay in the list with prepareplans. How can i permanently delete these prepareplan files automaticly.

TIA

Arjan

Last edited:
When you say the dr plan is going to a deviceclass file, is this going to a local file on the server filesystem somewhere? I don't think it automatically expires those for you, only ones that are stored as virtual volumes on remote servers.

I think the normal solution for these is to run a shell script that deletes the old plan files.

Well thats what i ment. The plan files are indeed stored as virtual volumes.
Strange thing is that all my files with a dat set to be deleted prior to 1-3-7 are gone and all files set to be deleted after 1-3-7 are still there.
Are the files deleted once a week or so? Or are the files deleted with the normal expire?

Its deleted by expiration processing - its one of the last things expiration does, after its done all the files for clients. Has your expiration been running through to completion?

Thanks, I found it. I was running expiration on the source server, but the files are deleted when running expiration on the target server. Will schedule it also overthere now.

Back