Data Protection for Microsoft SQL Server 6.4 specify optfile

Masonit

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi

Just started using 6.4. But we still use legacy mode because I don't see any benefites using vss.
We use diffrent nodes for daily and monthly backup. In older versions when we want to restore from monthly node. We have just created a shortcut to tdpsql.exe with tsmoptfile.
But in 6.4 you can't use tdpsql.exe anymore. Now it's only mmc gui (DP For SQL Management Console) (flashcopymanager). How can I use a different opt file with that?

\Masonit

Hi

Just started using 6.4. But we still use legacy mode because I don't see any benefites using vss.
We use diffrent nodes for daily and monthly backup. In older versions when we want to restore from monthly node. We have just created a shortcut to tdpsql.exe with tsmoptfile.
But in 6.4 you can't use tdpsql.exe anymore. Now it's only mmc gui (DP For SQL Management Console) (flashcopymanager). How can I use a different opt file with that?

\Masonit

I appreciate this is a few months old - but for the sake of anyone else asking this question, here is a link to an IBM article that answers this:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21597023

Cheers,

Old post, but just what I was looking for. One thing I noticed in that technote....

"The MMC is designed to reduce complexity."

Fail.

Old post, but just what I was looking for. One thing I noticed in that technote....

"The MMC is designed to reduce complexity."

Fail.

Yep ... newer isnt always better.. i had to lern this in the TDP Exchange MMC :-(

Back