Creating a Custom Web Interface Help Please

TSMJay

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hello everyone. Need some help with creating a simple web interface to do very basic commands for TSM. I want to be able to let my helpdesk staff do some of the tape movement commands but just from the press of a button.

I understand that there are commercial packages out there but there is only a handful of commands I want to do. Check in tapes, Check out tapes, Vault Retrieve reports, Bring drives online etc.

I have seen one before that a TSM admin had created but I can no longer get incontact with him so I have decided to get my local apps guys to create something.

The question is where to start? I can create batch files that work from the server only. I want to be able to do this from any machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have created a web interface that allows operators and helpdesk personal to manage many items on our systems. They are written in html and run ksh scripts via sudo. It is too much to discuss here, but you can e-mail me at [email protected] and I will see if I can help.

;)

If you want web interface there is a pretty easy one built into TSMManager. I don't use their tape functions but it works and the product is actually worth the money. We have a lot of newbies work on TSM and the interface is easy and some of its features have helped me identify problems almost immediately compared to searching through the actlog for the problems. There is also a great customer web interface built into TSMManager also. I have used it to allow customers to monitor certain system backups and check statistics. Since the customer interface is READONLY I dont have to worry about them screwing something up. :lol:

http://tsmexpert.blogspot.com

Back