Configuring MMC (Management Console) for TSM 5.5.4

mjs

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
A remote TSM server has been set up with 5.5.4. It is running on disc only, no tape.

While we believe everything is working properly, the MMC does not show any OPERATIONAL REPORTS (Daily Reports), only

"Error -- Server Information"

I tried unchecking most of the options, but no change. In fact, the MMC often hangs when I even try to test a change.

I suspect that this is a simple configuration issue, but darned if I know ehere to even start.

Thank you for your help!

Was this working before?

If it was - trace what was the last thing done - patches, SP, etc. - before OR stopped working. Rebooting the server ofter helps.

If this hasn't worked since, or is a new install, a reinstall of OR maybe needed, and configure properly. OR will not work magically. It needs to be configured.

Thank you for the reply.

This is a new install. This sort of got dumped in my lap, and I have maintained TSM for over a year, but haven't had an opportunity to do a server install. I had assumed it was configured, but am not sure how to check on that. What does configuring the OR (Operational Reports) entail? It doesn't seem obvious from the MMC.

OR is installed separate from the TSM server. Some admins don't even bother installing OR.

Follow this link to setup OR properly.

OR can be run on the TSM server itself or on another WS or server.

Back