command for find the client node

nikki

Active Newcomer
Reaction score
Hi,

Can you please let me know what is the command in unix to find the client node... iam trying grep abc or find -name abc
iam not getting...
iam trying to find manually in tsm server by giving q node abc*
please help

Cheers,
nikki

remember unix is case sensitive :)

I don't think i fully understand what you are trying to do, but on the TSM server, if you enter the CLI (dsmadmc) with the proper id/password, you can enter a "query node abc*" and it will return all the nodes, that start with abc...it will list them with the platform, policy etc...As PJ1 mentions, UNIX is case sensitive, but within the dsmadmc cli, abc or ABC is the same though...

there are number of tsm server...and i gave this command "query node abc*" i found it which start from abc...but in that list i couldnt find which i needed...I think the node is decommision or deleted....
Iam invistigating this..
Thanks $ ur help

maybe the nodename different than the hostname, check the hostname of your node and if it's really starts with abc try to use this

select node_name from nodes where tcp_name like 'ABC%'

Hi nezih,

how come the nodename different than the hostname, if so then how the server communicate with the client.

there is a parameter for this in dsm.sys file (or dsm.opt in windows)
if you put this line to your option file
nodename rajct83
and register your node on tsm server with "reg node rajct83 passwd do=domain..."
your node does not use it's hostname to communicate with tsm... uses rajct83 as a nodename...

Thanks a lot guys...it works...fine....
I love this site....forum...

Cheers,
Nikki

hi guys,

Can you please tell me what is the command to check when is the last backup..

Coz iam checking
QUERY EVENT STANDARD abc begind=-1 endd=-1 begint=00:00
or begind=10 its giving me missed so i want to know when this node is lastbackup...

Cheers,
Nikki

Back