cluster fail-over problem

rpask

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have configured the cluster administrator for win2003 and tsm ver 5.3.2. When I move the group over to the other clustered client (NODEA to NODEB), the TSM scheduler resource fails and the cluster forNODEA goes back to normal, with everything online. In the event log I do receive the following:

Cluster generic service 'TSM SCHEDULE for MBFRS001' could not be found.

Cluster resource 'TSM SCHEDULE for MBFRS001' in Resource Group 'MBFRS001' failed.

The generic service is there?????

any ideas

The tsm scheduler service for your cluster node must be EXACTLY the same on each machine of the cluster. If it does not match, your generic service resource will go into a failed state with the errors you have observed.

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=663&context=SSGSG7&dc=DB520&dc=D600&dc=DB530&dc=D700&dc=DB500&dc=DB540&dc=DB510&dc=DB550&q1=cluster+scheduler+service+match&uid=swg21109932&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

So, in your example, the scheduler service must be "TSM SCHEDULE for MBFRS001" on both machines. Also, check the properties of the generic service resource. The service name must match the scheduler service name.

If everything matches... check for extra spaces in the service names ;)

Back