client option sets

dave1664

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Hi,
does anyone know if/how I can copy client option sets between different TSM servers - is there a way to export/import them?

Thanks in advance
DB

I'm using this way
first take output of your clientoptions via command line
dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=password -comma "select optionset_name,option_name,option_value,force from clientopts" > outfile

open that outfile with your favorite text editor (I'm using notepad++) just add define clientopt command to each line with copy/paste... replace commas with spaces with replace function of your text editor... add top line for defining client option set (define cloptset optionsetname) optionsetname must be same on first tsm server. now you have a macro to define clientoptions. save as clientopt.mac
copy that file to same directory with your dsmadmc command and open a client command line interface (dsmadmc)... just type macro clientopt.mac ;)

this is a great tip, saved a good deal of time - thanks Nezih

I've got an even better one. Just export the node associated with the option set you wish to transport (filedata=none) and the option set will be exported/imported.
I tried the text editor method above and it trips up on INCLEXCL options...

I've got an even better one. Just export the node associated with the option set you wish to transport (filedata=none) and the option set will be exported/imported.
I tried the text editor method above and it trips up on INCLEXCL options...
The OP hasn't been on this board since 2009, I doubt he will see your reply. Usually not useful to respond to posts that are older than 6 months.

Back