Client and W2K3 Cluster Problem

SkyMover

ADSM.ORG Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
We are trying to configure the 5.3.4 client on a W2K3 (SP1) cluster. We have got the config for the PHYSICAL nodes working perfectly ok. However when we try and configure the client for the cluster resources (doing the cluster group) we get an error in both the Web Client and error logs saying " ANS0299E Scheduler Cannot be started manually because the value of MANAGEDSERVICES option is SCHEDULE". The opt file we use has MANAGEDSERVICES WEBCLIENT SCHEDULE. Which is exactly what the physical nodes have (different opt file btw).

Anyone seen this before ?

We have several W2K3 (not SP1) clusters with the 5.2.3 client and they work OK.

Hello I configured a cluster last week win2k3sp1 tsm cli 5.3.4.8.
2x dsm.opt local + 3 virtual dsm.opt (nodes).
For the local is ok managedservice but not for the virtual.
You can have only one managed scheduler not more. Locally is managed but the virtual are started as standalone services. ciao

My fix

You have to run the GUI dsm.exe with the -dsmopt= switch to point to the remote Cluster Group disk dsm.opt file to configure the services properly.

Are your shared resources being backed up properly? Have you defined a separate Client and Remote Client acceptor service for the shared resources and have it defined in the Cluster manager as a Resource? Bear in mind that the http port for use with the cluster Web client must be other than 1581. I use 1582. If you fail over the cluster from one node to another, would the TSM cluster resources start?

If these are all fine, then the configuration of the cluster is OK.

Should you want to start the java based gui from within a RDP session into the cluster, the syntax is, or similar:

(on a DOS window) "C:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.exe" -optfile="q:\TSM\clus_dsm.opt"

FYI: The configuration below allows you to have Web client access via the Cluster IP or Cluster server name and port 1582

Here is what I use to define the cluster Client acceptor:

dsmcutil inst cad /name:"TSM CAcceptor-Cluster Service" /clientdir:"c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient" /optfile:"q:\tsm\clus_dsm.opt" /node:clustername /password:as_defined /validate:yes /autostart:no /startnow:no /httpport:1582 /cadschedname:"TSM Scheduler-Cluster Service"

Here is what I use to install the Remote client acceptor:

dsmcutil inst remoteagent /name:"TSM RAgent-Cluster Service" /clientdir:"c:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient" /optfile:"q:\tsm\clus_dsm.opt" /node:clustername /password:as_defined /validate:yes /startnow:no /partnername:"TSM CAcceptor-Cluster Service"

Remember that the Client acceptor must be defined in the Windows Cluster Manager as a Resource together with the TSM Cluster Scheduler.

Hope this helps.

By the way, my Win2K3 are all SP1 and TSM works well in cluster mode for both File and Exchange clusters.

Last edited:
Back